Today's Verse




Thursday, September 11, 2008

I WON! I WON!

This week in Abilene has been West Texas Fair and Rodeo week. It started last Thursday with Sneak a Peek and will end this Saturday with the final performance of the rodeo. We try to take Mattie May every year to the rodeo and the fair. She just loves riding the rides. Through all the rain, we managed to make it out there last night. And I must say, a fun time was had by all (I will post on that later).

Of course all fairs have entries for cooking, sewing, live stock, etc. My favorite is the photography. This year I had 14 entries and won three ribbons. Yeah me!

I won sixth place on this...
B&W Sports

And first place on this...
Color General
I was really proud of this one and it was included in this article in Saturday's paper.


And last but definitely not least, I also won 1st place on this...
This is the Grandparent Brag contest. It is judged on several different things;
A.Ability to Follow Rules
B. Originality
C. Contents
D.Appearance

(You can click here to see more of the rules)

I was really proud of this one and of course it gave me a chance to brag on Mattie May! (Click on any of the pictures to enlarge them)

I am working on a scrapblog from all the fun we have had this week and will post it as soon as it is finished.

Every one keep those in the path of Ike in your prayers!

2 comments:

LindaSue said...

Love it! an award winning photographer woo hoo! I love the shot of your DH and sweet little GD in front of the shark tank - beautiful contrast. Definitely trusting the Lord to protect your hubby when he has to drive "the wrong way" into the storm. Bless all the responders to this massive emergency.

LindaSue said...

If I had enlarged the picture BEFORE I wrote my comment I'd have seen that DOLPHIN before I wrote shark - oh well it isn't even 6 am so I guess my eyes aren't working (or is it the brain - NAW)?