Today's Verse




Friday, January 22, 2010

I Hurt and I am so Happy

It has not been 48 hours since my wreck and the soreness has finally decided to set in. Oh it hurts. It hurts the most in my neck. I have a call into my doctor to check me out. I didn't think I was going to be able to get out of bed this morning, but I did. It hurt but I managed to start moving around. It just worries me to be so bad in my neck.

My knees hurt. They hurt when I bend them. Especially the left one. That's the leg that is bruised. The ER doctor said it was a very deep bruise. That's why he did the x-ray on my leg to make sure there was no other damage. It hurts when the muscle pulls.

This morning I can feel where the seat-belt held onto my shoulder. No bruising, just soreness and tenderness. It hurts to lift my left arm. I am sure all of this is normal but it hurts (and I'm a wimp!).

I am so happy and thankful that I can feel the hurt. It means we survived being hit by a drunk driver. I keep saying we are so lucky, but I know luck had nothing to do with it. I think of all the little things - What if I had been an inch closer to the vehicle in front of me? What if we had been in a smaller car? What if she had been in a bigger car? What if we had not buckled up properly? What if we had given in and let Mattie May move into a booster seat instead of insisting she stay in her car seat?

Yes, I know luck had nothing to do with it. God protected us. He was with us. Just like we protect our children, He was there protecting us, His children. He kept us safe.

When I think of all the little things, I am so happy I can feel this hurt!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Ohhh my friend I am so sorry to hear about ya'lls wreck but PRAISE GOD HE HAD THE ANGELS AROUND YOU !!! It always take a day or two before the real pain sets in because it ususally takes that long before your body relaxes from the stress of wreck. I will be praying for your speedy recovery.
Just take it easy and dont rush it !

Take care & God Bless You all !!
Darlene