Today's Verse




Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Past Time for an Update

It's been a few weeks since my last update and I'm sorry. I am doing well for the most part. I had my third treatment a little over two weeks ago so I am at the half way point! YAY! My next round is next Monday, the Monday before Thanksgiving. I just told Mom that for the first time I am really not looking forward to the treatment. I think it's because it is so close to the holiday, my favorite holiday. By Thursday, I won't be able to taste anything and that is the day of big eats around here. I'll be fine and will just have to look forward to next year and enjoy all the things I missed this year.

I have only been sick three times, once after each treatment. So not bad!

Several friends and family have gotten on to me because I ended up in the emergency room one night and didn't let anyone know. It was not a very pleasant experience and I wanted to forget about it. It will be too much information for most but since I am trying to keep some records for Katie and Mattie, I guess I better get it recorded... so here goes.

If you don't like to read about poop and blood, you probably want to skip down a few paragraphs.



Since I started chemo, I have had issues having bowel movements. I will have a week of diarrhea followed by several days of constipation with soft stools. Both are accompanied by sever muscle cramps. About two weeks after the second treatment, I had the cramps that told me to go and had a terrible time. When I finally finished, there was a lot of blood in the toilet and on the tissues. I immediately called the on call doctor and she told me to get to the ER.

Not only did I not feel well, but it was absolutely the worst night I had ever spent in the ER. We were there a total of six hours!! Glad I wasn't actually bleeding to death because it was three hours before the doctor came in. After some test, one that I really don't want to talk about because it was so painful, they decided I had ruptured an internal hemorrhoid (sp).

I will say, since then, I have only had a couple of days of problems, but I knew to call my doctor as soon as they started. I now know how to get through these episodes with less pain.



TMI IS OVER!!!


Even though I will have my treatment next week, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. And for those of you that know my families shopping traditions, I WILL BE JOINING THE EXCITEMENT OF BLACK FRIDAY!! I refuse to let chemo keep me from the fun! Frank told me tonight that he is going to go with us (YAY!)! And I think I am going to take my grandmother's walker with a seat on it, just in case I need to sit down in a hurry!!! LOL

Tomorrow, I will be taking Mattie to film a segment for KRBC. I will let you know when it will air. I am really excited about it, but not sure if she even knows she is doing it! She should be excited because she will get to leave school early!

I can't believe that the holiday season is already upon us. These past few month's have been a whirlwind of events and emotions. Even though some things will be different this year, one thing we all know for sure,

God is in control, and because we know that,

Everything is going to be OK!

Until next time, God bless!

No comments: