Today's Verse

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My First Round of Chemo

September 12, 2012

Mom and I went to chemo class. It was just the two of us and one of the oncology nurses. We got lots of great information. I really learned what to expect. So we are preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

They gave me a notebook full of information, calendars, phone numbers, oh just tons of stuff! We also finally got to see what this port in my arm looks like. I was so nervous about how they were going to get a needle stuck in this "hard" thing in my arm, but after I saw it, I felt much better.

The funniest part of the class was when we got to the sex part. They tell you some of the changes your body will go through and how to handle that department. Three grown women sitting in a room, talking about sex, and I've been married almost 29 years. Let me tell you, this subject still makes me uncomfortable in front of my mom!!! LOL

September 19, 2012


I got this!!

My appointment was at 8:45. BUT, I also had to have labs. So I actually didn't get plugged in until about 11:00. Frank took the day off, which I am so thankful. And my dad just couldn't stand it, he came and spent the day with Frank and I. My "cocktail is Taxatere Adrimycin Cytoxan (TAC). I got the A first. It is a push drug that the nurse gives through a syringe. It's the bad one, the "Red Devil". It takes about 15/20 minutes.

Then it was the T, then C. Those take about an hour each. Love my hubby and my daddy, but they were just standing there,

staring at me.

They both looked like they wanted to be in my shoes and that just wasn't acceptable. I finally talked them in to going to get some lunch. I promised them I would be fine, that I had lots of nurses there to take care of me. So they finally left. They brought me back a Subway sandwich and it was very good!

Once those two were finished, they flushed my port and we were headed home! YAY!

It was about 2:30. It took the entire day.

Once we got home, I convinced Frank I was fine and wanted to watch my soap. He finally agreed to watch some fishing shows in the back room. It wasn't long before I heard him snoring. He had finally relaxed. So glad!

We had a great evening. The girls got home from work and karate, we laughed, ate and got ready for the next day.

September 20, 2012

Today I had to go back for a Nuelasta shot.

It goes in the stomach! Yikes! I wasn't expecting that! Never had one there before!

I just didn't look at the needle! It didn't hurt!!

This shot is the one that makes my bones ache. It starts the bone marrow to producing more white cells. Mom brought me back home and I rested.

It was a good day. And even though I didn't know how all this was going to affect me, one thing I did know was...

Everything was going to be OK!

Until next time, God bless.

No comments: