Today's Verse




Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mattie May's Merry Musings

It was just Mattie May and I at the house one night last week. We laid in the bed watching "Special Agent Oso" and when it was over, I turned off the TV, we prayed, I told her a story and she drifted off to sleep - so I thought.

I got up a little later to do some things around the house and check some things on the computer. I had been on the computer for quite a while, when I hear her little foot steps on the floor. "Lolo, I hungry" she says to me as she goes to fridge and gets lettuce! "Will you fix me a salad?" A SALAD!?

"May May, do you really want a salad?" I asked her.

"Well, maybe just a sandwich."

"OK May, what kind of sandwich?"

"I want a sandwich with bread, peanut butter and maybe can I have a little bit of jelly?" she says as she wrinkles her little nose and shows me "little" by pinching her thumb and index finger together.

I make her the sandwich as I hide my laughter. When finished I asked her if she wanted it cut.

"Yes! Can I have triangles? Four, I want four triangles!"

No one ever said this kid wasn't specific in her request!!!

1 comment:

GwendolynKay said...

A GREAT LITTLE MEMORIE FOR YOU AND HER TO REMEMBER AND SHARE. SHE IS SO ADORABLE AND READING WHAT SHE SAYS, MAKES ME GO AWWWW! YOU HAVE TRUELY BEEN BLESSED WITH SUCH A SWEETIE!
BLESSINGS!
GWENNY:)