Today's Verse




Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Follow Up Time

Tomorrow I head back to Texas Oncology for my six month check up.

Really?!

I can't believe it's already been six months since my last round of chemo.

I am looking forward to this visit. I have lots of questions.

Monday, June 10,  I went to a new GYN. I didn't actually see her, but her nurse practitioner, Stacey. I really like her. She made me feel very comfortable and it was very easy to ask her questions. And I was loaded with them.

This was, after all, my first yearly check up since my cancer.

She understood all of my concerns and ordered some test.

And she must have put a rush on everything, because I had all the results by Thursday June 14!! WOW! I've never had results back that fast!

Pap results were clear of cervical cancer! Yay! One small victory down!

Had blood test and sonogram on Wednesday June 13.

Blood test negative for ovarian cancer! YAY! Small victory #2!

Sonogram showed a small spot on my uterus. Stacey made two suggestions. It is probably a small fibrous cyst and we should do another sonogram in six months to look at it again. And to talk to my oncologist to get his opinion on waiting the six months.

She also said some people that have had breast cancer and showed a spot like this would choose to have a hysterectomy. But she strongly suggested talking to my oncologist before making that decision.

I told her I would and that I had a check up coming up with him soon, I just couldn't remember when it was but that I would call and find out.

The next morning before I had a chance to call, oncology called me with my reminder for my check up on June 19,

That worked out nicely!

So I go tomorrow feeling confident in how things have been going.

I can't wait for my appointment. I have missed all my team over the past six months.

Even though I only had two victories out of three test, I don't feel that the third was a failure, just a temporary delay in getting the results I am hoping for.

I have an awesome God that has made some amazing miracles this week in friends fighting other battles and I know he will do the same for me.

Whatever choices I am given tomorrow, I know in my heart that...

Everything is going to be OK!

Until next time,
God bless.

No comments: