Today's Verse




Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mattie May's Excellent Disney Adventure - Day Four From Her Journal

Oops! I missed two days! Sunday ended up being a pretty busy day for us and I really try to stay off the internet (not the computer) on Sundays. Yesterday (Monday) was an accidental holiday for Frank and I. Mattie May was out of school for MLK day. One day last week Katie had mentioned that if one of us could take off work to keep her that it would help her out a lot. Well, we both asked off and didn't tell the other one. Wow! Great communication skills there! Oh well! It ended up being a great day. We started by taking Tramp to the vet for his follow up puppy shots and just a check up by our doctor. Good news! He is very healthy and in overall great health. And he wasn't to afraid of going to the doctor! It was good too for Mattie May to be in on the responsibility of talking to the doctor and to see that Tramp didn't cry when he got a shot like she does!!

After breakfast at McDonald's we had planned on going to the zoo but it was still a bit too chilly, we went to the movie instead. Mattie May and I finally finished reading "The Chronicles of Narnia - The Dawn Treader" right before Christmas, but there was so much going on we never made it to the movie, so that is where we headed. It was a good movie but not as good as the first two in my opinion. The first thing I noticed was it was not a Disney movie. Why did Disney not do this one? I guess I need to do some research and find out.

Now to be perfectly honest, I have not read the books that the first two Narnia movies were based on so I don't know if this was the case in those movies, but Dawn Treader was all out of order! That really bothered me. And I guess that is why they had to add some things that were not really in the book, to make the movie flow. I am glad we saw it, but I am also glad we waited until we had finished the book. Mattie May is only five, but she kept noticing and telling me what was different in the movie. Hopefully this will keep her interested in books and not rely so much on movies!

We did manage to make it to the zoo. When we left the movie, it had warmed up considerably with just a little wind. We had an enjoyable time. I just love watching Mattie May (and Frank) try to get the animals to interact with them!

Now on to Mattie May's journal entry that should have been posted yesterday. It is from the fourth day of our trip which was her birthday. I think this was my favorite day of the entire trip. Maybe it was because of all the attention she received from it being her birthday, or maybe just the way she was able to interact with the people in the different countries pavilions in EPCOT. Or it could have been that was the day Frank got my pearl earrings! I don't know but enjoy her entry!




I just love her artwork!
God Bless!




No comments: