Today's Verse




Saturday, November 24, 2007

What a Day, What a Day!

Hello all. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was great. Spending time with my family always makes me happy.

After spending several years at the deer lease with my dad, this year we spent it at my aunt's house. As we left to pick up Mattie B. it started snowing. Yes that's right, we had a white Thanksgiving right here in Texas! Way to much food, but wonderful fellowship. Lots of laughter. Those of you that know my family know there was lots of laughter. I don't know, it is just something we do!

After lunch, the cousins camped out at the dining room table with pens, paper and Black Friday ads at the ready. We all decided what we must have and where each would start the day. Then it was home early to sleep before the big day.

Friday morning, the alarm went off at 3:15! No, I am not a morning person, but this was easy because Frank got up with me! Not only did he get up, he got dressed and went shopping with me! What a wonderful surprise! Frank and Trina's "man" both got up and spent the morning with us going from store to store (well Frank went from store to store. More on that in a minute!). What a blast!

Frank and I started out at Penny's to get the top things on our wish list. We were in and out of there in less than thirty minutes. Then to Kohl's. We found all our items there very quickly but were held up in the check out line. We then hit Wal-Mart, Goody's and Old Navy. We even spent some time visiting with friends. We were through by about 6:30.

Now you must know that at some of these stores, we were also on the phone with Trina and Traci doing some of their shopping. They started out and were still in line at Circuit City. That's right, they got in line outside the store at 4AM, went right in at 5, picked up their items and stood in line to check out for almost an hour and a half!!!!! They are the crazy ones.

We met at Bed, Bath and Beyond around 6:30. While we were there, the sun (even though we could not see it through the clouds) rose . Frank sneezes in that store, so he waited in the Yukon. When we came out he bombarded us with snow balls! We are such kids at heart. There were a few shoppers that found no amusement in our escapades, but one little boy was allowed to not only throw a snowball at Frank, but he hit him. He got a high five from me for that one. I am sure his mother thought we were all a bit nuts, but as I have said, my family is going to have fun no matter where we are.

We were all famished from all the shopping, so of to What-A-Burger we went. There were as many unhappy people in there as there were in the stores. Of course we woke them all up with our laughter! I am sorry, we just can't help it! It starts with a smile and just grows. There is no stopping it!

I have to stop here to put in a thank you to Frank. There were lots of other husbands out shopping with their wives, but not a one of them had a smile. Frank was smiling, laughing and giving those with bad attitudes a hard time. Thank you Frank for always having a good time with me whether we are fishing, shopping or doing laundry. You always make it fun.

We finished the day at Bill and Hysti's to eat left overs for supper. Hy, I hope we put a dent in them for you.

Today, I had a bit of work to do, but Frank and I spent the afternoon at Mom's putting up her Christmas tree. As usual, it looks wonderful. Frank saved us a lot of time. He is stronger and taller than we are and he can just do some things easier than we can. Don't tell him, but he now has a new Thanksgiving weekend tradition to look forward to!

Tonight we met some friends for supper and are now at home resting and watching football. Tomorrow is Church and more football, then back to work on Monday. It is a month 'til Christmas. That means lots of shopping, cooking and decorating all to celebrate the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ. In all the hustle and bustle of the season, please remember this is really what we are celebrating. Don't let it get lost in the craziness.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Ohhhh I made a 100% on the quiz today. AND I made a 100% on the fun of shopping with the family. It was fun. I do feel that I have a right to complain that I was the target practice for MANY of Franks snow-balls.

Jessica said...

I avoided this years shopping... nothing I could think of to get! haha! Glad ya'll had fun!