Today's Verse




Monday, May 13, 2013

Caregivers

I had a really hard time sleeping last night. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the four hour nap I got to take on Mother's Day, but rather all the things running through my mind.

Part of my bedtime routine are  my prayers which I am sure a lot of you do the same.

There are several people that have been heavy on my heart lately as they are early in their journey with different types of cancers and chemotherapy. Their families have been helping us with our prayers by requesting specific things for us to pray for.

This is what got me to thinking....

Are all of the prayer warriors remembering to pray for these "caregivers"?

My hubby, daughter, mom, dad, and my BFF have been my most active caregivers. But there are also those that would drop me a short little note in the mail, give me a quick text message to let me know they were thinking about me, send me a silly little video to make me laugh, and even someone dropping what they were doing to run get me an orange soda when nothing else tasted good.

So the next time you say your prayers, please remember the caregivers of all those people you are praying for too. They are the ones that, in my opinion, are working hard for the patient and often neglect to take care of themselves. They need lots of prayers too. I couldn't have made it through all this without people taking care of me and giving my body time to heal.

And to all of you caregivers, nothing you do for us is too small. Sometimes just the thought of knowing you are there is enough to make us want to keep fighting through the worst. And remember as you struggle with watching your loved one suffer,

Everything is going to be OK.

God Bless

No comments: