Today's Verse




Thursday, May 23, 2013

Seriously??? More Needles!!

And these I have to do myself!!!

Last week, before I met with Dr. Bennett (the plastic surgeon), I had to have a blood draw for test for Dr. Mauther (gastroenterologist). They were a bit concerned about my B12 and I showed to be a bit anemic.

So I will start taking a daily iron tablet.

But the B12 is not quite so easy.

My levels are so low, he wants to build them up rather quickly. A tablet won't work. I have to have injections...

daily...

for three months!!!

Not a real happy camper right now!

Am I not happy because I have to have daily injections?  NO

Because I have to do them daily? No

Then it must be the fact that I have to do this for three month? NO

It is because I have to do them at home.

I don't like getting stuck by a needle by people that have been trained to do this.

So imagine the horror scenarios that keep going through my mind!

I know there are people that do this all the time several times a day because they are diabetic, but not me.

I hate needles!!

After I do these injections for three months, then I will do them once a week for a few months and then once a month.

I hope this will give me some long lost energy.

I really need to get ready for the neighborhood garage sale next month.

And clean my house!!!

Now I am not sure if this is a forever thing or how long I will have to do these injections, but the important thing to get the B12 back up. However long I have to do these injections, I do know one thing...

Everything is going to be OK.

God bless.

No comments: