Today's Verse




Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Almost to the End of the Beginning

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but it has been a whirlwind of events. I will try my best to catch you up. It is close to the end of the first part of this journey.

August 9, 2012
I had made the decision to not have the immediate reconstruction done and I had to call Dr, Yost's office to verify when my pre-op was to be done because the hospital had called the night before saying is was on Thursday and I had it down for Monday. They were right, it was on Thursday. But then the bad news - because I had decided to not have the reconstruction started at the same time, they said they might have to change my surgery date because I was scheduled in Dr, Bennett's time not Dr. Yost. I lost it. I had to leave work. I lost all composure I had and reverted to panic mode. I was thinking I couldn't go through with that part of the surgery but felt forced to so I didn't have to postpone the surgery. I didn't know what to do! Once I got home I just continued to wait for one of the surgeons to call me. It was about lunch time when Dr. Bennett called. She said the time may be in her name but it is my surgery block and I was having my surgery whether she was there or not! Praise God again! I was set to go!!

Mom picked me up to go to my pre-op and Frank met us when he got off work. He walked in at just the right time, they were taking me to x-ray and to have my blood work done. I hate having my blood drawn. He always knows how to distract me through that. We were finally done about 5:30 and he took me out to the dojo to see some of the kids I had been missing!!

It turned into a great day!

August 10, 2012
Frank went to Arlington for another Texas Rangers game with Dennis and I had planned to just spend the evening at home getting somethings ready for the next week. I received a surprise phone call from Buddy asking if I wanted to spend some time with Mattie May  before my surgery! My heart just melted! How sweet! And of course I jumped at the chance to get her for awhile. I can never thank him enough!! We surprised Katie and then we had a girls night out!!

August 11, 2012
Saturday Frank was in a shoot for Habitat for Humanity and we, the girls and I, spent the day shopping and having fun. Frank and I went to the dinner Saturday night and had a blast laughing and cutting up with most of the O'Dells. I don't remember when we've laughed so hard!!

August 12, 2012
Sunday was church, family lunch, then we met with the elders for prayer over me. It was the most at peace I have felt in a long while. I love my family.

Auguast 13,2012
It was a long day at work but I made it through, upset stomach and all. I guess I had a huge case of nerves because my stomach had ached all weekend. I didn't eat much and wasn't hungry, but after work, Frank and Katie wanted to take me to dinner. We went to Olive Garden (thanks Michelle!) and had a great time. We got home and I started packing and had to take my first shower in antibacterial soap from head to toe. I had to get up at five the next morning for my second antibacterial shower and be at the hospital by six!!

Frank and I both had a hard time sleeping, but we made it through the night with a lot of laughter and a few tears. I can't imagine being on this journey with anyone other than him.

Until next time, God bless.

No comments: