Today's Verse




Monday, August 27, 2012

It's the First Day of School - Again!

August 27, 2012

Monday!

First day of school!

Always an exciting day in our home. But this year is a bit different I'm not there. When Katie was little, I always took the first day of school off or at least made arrangements to go in late so I could make her whatever she wanted for breakfast, take pictures of her getting ready, all dressed and on the way, and pictures of her arriving at school and getting to her class. Mattie started pre-k two years ago and so the tradition continued. But I'm not there this morning. Frank and Katie are getting her ready, and they promised to take plenty of pictures for Lolo. Mattie promised to smile for those pictures.

I won't even get to pick her up from school today. My doctor's appointment is at 3:00 today and that is exactly when she gets out. She will be fine. It's just me. I have had enough change for a while and I have never liked it when I miss milestones. But things will keep changing until I know my body is completely rid of this beast and reconstruction is complete. I will make it through.

I am ready for my doctor's appointment this afternoon. I am hoping the tubes come out! I have had enough of them. Late yesterday, I showered on my own, but with Frank within arms reach. He is leaving town after my appointment and he wanted to make sure I could do it by myself before he left. I think I proved I would be OK. Mom and Katie will be here too and I won't do anything I'm not supposed to without one of them nearby.

Whatever happens today, Mattie going to school without me and my doctor's appointment. I know that it is His plan. It always is. I shouldn't question it. I have so much to be thankful for. I will continue to pray, because whatever happens throughout the day, I always know...

Everything is going to be OK!

Until next time, God bless.

No comments: