Today's Verse




Friday, August 31, 2012

One Month

August 30, 2012

Today is my one month anniversary. 

One month ago today, I received the official diagnosis that I have breast cancer. 

To commemorate, I have gone back and read all my blog post from the day I went "public" with the news. 

After reading the post, I can't help but think to myself "One month, is that all?" Some of the words I wrote seem to have been written not just months ago but maybe even years ago. So much has changed in the past thirty days. 

I wonder how distant those words will seem in one year? 

It's strange, some of the changes that I have been through are normal already. And some of the changes I am still trying to get used to. Some changes will change themselves before I have a chance to get used to them. And I have lots more changes to come. 

Other than change always being a constant in our lives, one thing will never change. 

God is good. God is in control. Always. I am so thankful for all He has blessed me with. He has provided me with the right people to help me and travel with me on this journey. 

In the past month I have learned many things but the one I am reminded of daily is that cancer is hard. But with God guiding me on this journey...

Everything is going to be OK!

Until next time, God Bless. 

No comments: