Today's Verse




Saturday, August 18, 2012

Getting to Wake Up at Home

August 16, 2012

WOW! I slept until almost 9 AM! And I woke up with very little pain. The biggest pain of all are these stupid drainage tubes. I have three of them, one for each breast and a third where they took the lymph node They just get in the way. And they are not very comfortable to just let them dangle. They are surgically sewn in and they told me they won't just come out. But like I said, just a discomfort and in the way. And these "balls" have to be drained. Not our favorite thing to do, but it has to be done and the amounts recorded so I can take it to the doctor next Thursday.And Frank has really enjoyed adding some of his "man humor" about my balls as you can imagine!

It was a rather quite day. We had a few more visitors and Mom went to the grocery store. Frank and I napped a lot. Two sweet sisters from my Sunday Ladies class brought us supper. Katie joined us when she got off work. After we ate, we went for a walk up to the road. It was a nice night.

The funny for the day was Katie!

We are always trying to get her to go to school to be a nurse. She has a really caring heart and we have always thought she would be very good at it. Until tonight! Before they left for home, Frank was going to show her how to help me drain and measure these balls. She came to the restroom all ready to go. He showed her how to put some pressure on it before you take the cap off and then to turn it into...and that's as far as she got! Her face turned white and she had that "I'm fixing to puke" face and left the bathroom! We couldn't help but laugh. She came back and told us she really didn't think she could do it! It's all good. I can actually do it myself and Frank knows that. He's just insistent on helping me do it. We just enjoyed the laugh at our poor daughter's expense.

It is all going to be OK!

Until next time, God bless!

No comments: