Today's Verse




Monday, August 20, 2012

The Healing Continues

August 18,2012

It was mostly an uneventful day. Frank mowed at our house and at Mom's. Mom fixed breakfast and my Aunt Medrice made an amazing chicken spaghetti! I think Mom and I fought to lick the pan. Frank fixed the front door lock. Mom and I took two walks today. We watched a lot of TV and took lots of naps.

Such an exciting life! I think I'm going to pick up a book and read! I KNOW! SHOCK!!!

August 19,2012

Woke up at seven this morning, strange for me without an alarm!

Ugh! I really hate missing church. Phil is starting a new series today and I really wanted to be there for it. I guess it's best I didn't try to go. Although probably no one would say a word, I don't think it would be real appropriate for me to wear my yoga pants and pajama top to church and remember, I still can't raise my arms to fix may hair! I might have scared a small child if I had gone! Traci helped me get to the SoHills web site so I could listen live, but I didn't have all the plugins I needed so I missed it. Oh well, I can listen sometime this week from the archives. It's not like I don't have a lot of time on my hands!!

Part of our karate family brought us lunch and joined us as we ate. It was delish!!! We had a nice visit and the rest of the afternoon we had friends and family visiting. It was great. But the best part of the day was that Mattie May got to come home from her dad's for the summer. I just miss that little toot when she is gone even for an hour! She was the cherry on top to a perfect Sunday!

When Frank, Katie and Mattie went home for the evening, Mom and I took a walk (we are going a little further every day!)  then sat out on the patio until it got too dark. What a wonderful weekend I had.

It's all going to be OK!

Until next time, God bless!


No comments: