Today's Verse




Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Monday!

August 20, 2012

I can't believe this marks a full week, seven days, since I had my surgery. My emotions have changed so much in that short amount of time. I think before the surgery, I just wanted to get that horrible beast cancer out of me, even though it meant going through  surgery. I did not want to do that but what option did I have? I worked myself up so much just thinking about the surgery that the cancer really wasn't what was scaring me. I can't tell you the feeling of peace I had when I woke up knowing it was over.

I can't believe I have been walking around with these stupid tubes hanging out of me for seven days! Oh they are such a pain. But I know they are just temporary, a transitional time in my life and that soon they too will be gone.

I can't believe that I have looked in the mirror for seven days and seen the scars of my surgery and no boobs and it doesn't bother me. I just knew the first time I saw them gone that I would cry, but I didn't. It really hasn't bothered me. I guess me and the girls just weren't that close!

I can't believe the outpouring of love and support from all my family and friends. Everyone keeps telling me how great I look! I guess now people see my face since there aren't any boobs in the way! LOL

Not much to up date from today. I rode into town with Mom. It was nice to get out for a while. Had another amazing meal brought to us. Frank went with us on our walk tonight, a bit further than what we went last night. I got to stock up on some hugs and kisses from Mattie and she called me to tell me good night too!

I know this cancer is part of God's plan for my life. I am still trying to figure out how I can get more people to make sure women are getting their mammograms and doing their monthly self checks. And God is such a part of this for me, I want to bring Him to more people through this too. I know there is a way. And I know God will lead my way, in his time. I just have to be patientt. And listen.

It's all going to be OK.

Until next time, God bless.


No comments: