Today's Verse




Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day Seven

August 6, 2012
Well, it has been seven days since I received my diagnosis. A week that has flown by. Not much happened today. Just the regular things; work, grocery store, supper and a quick shopping trip with Katie. I bought a new bracelet! It was just a nice day.

I still have a lot of thoughts running through my mind, adding questions to the list to ask the surgeons. If I don't write them down, I forget to ask. I get strange looks sometimes because I carry my note pad with me everywhere. How do I know when a question will pop in my head?!

I keep remembering more people that I haven't told and that aren't plugged into any of my networks. So I did make some phone calls today and sent a couple of emails.

I have received two cute, cuddly pillows from a survivor that I have know since my school days (I know they will get plenty of use), a woven bracelet from a new friend (woven to represent breast cancer and diabetes to which she lost her husband) and a sweet card in the mail from cousins expressing their concern. I have been so very blessed all my life and the blessing continue to fall down on me.

Thank you God for everything I have and all the caring people that will be helping get me through this journey. I couldn't ask for better family and friends.

Everything is going to be OK.

Until next time, God bless.


1 comment:

Carolyn Nichols said...

Brandi, you are such a strong person....you have all the support and love in the world and we will be there throughout your journey. Love you much from all of us at Pink Fishing!